Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Blooming Adventures.

Oh Em Gee.

Okay, so I'm completely annihilated - by that I mean exhausted, not drunk.  Our month-end at work has been chaotic and I've been working some serious hours.  Yes, this means Kat will get a nice little paycheck, but geez - I have NEWS and haven't had a chance to spill it!  So I am setting aside my melatonin, drinking a Diet Coke, and propping my eyes open with toothpicks so that I can TELL you what's going on.

Ready?

Thor and I will be doing Bloomsday this year.  That's a 12k.  66 days from today.  With 50,000 other people.

Can I get a woot woot?

I've never done this before.  Thor has, and he has the t-shirts to prove it.  Well, I want a t-shirt, too, so this is my year.

I asked what kind of prep he usually does for the big day.  Thor's magic training program-he gets in line about 15 minutes before it starts and does some sort of stretching.  Personally, I was thinking of something a little more structured-but who am I to contradict the voice of experience? Over-training is as bad as under-training, right?  He also told me that he usually does a "walk/jog" combo.  I suggested perhaps we try a "walk/walk faster" combo. 

I do have a fitness plan for March; it's not Bloomsday-related, but I know how you all love it when I torture myself and write about it, and I figure I need a little blog fodder.  The party awaits.

Oh, yeah - and there's still PLENTY of time for YOU to sign up for Bloomsday, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment