Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I Don't Get It

You may be surprised to hear this, dearest reader - but sometimes, blogging can be really, really hard.  I mean, really hard.

Most "posting days" go along these lines - I'll start formulating my post topic while I'm at work, ruminate on it over the course of the day, and by the time I sit down with my laptop, it's mostly done, swirling around in my head like a shamrock shake.  (Gawd, don't you just LOVE those??!!)

Some posting days, however - some don't go quite that way.  I spend the day wracked in guilt, wondering what on earth I'm going to write about, knowing that it's been, like, a week since the last time I posted, and people start getting all pissy with me when I miss that many days....and nothing comes to me.  Today was one of those days.  So I took a look at what some of my cohorts in the blogosphere are doing.  In the literary world, this is known as "plagiarism."  Online, it's called "surfing."  Just so we are clear.

I found several posts with this basic theme - "Things I Celebrate."  Also known as "Things I Love About Myself."  Also known as "What Makes Me ME."  Also known as "Who Gives a Flying Fig."

So I thought I'd Katify it...I threw it in the sink, gave it a swirl, and out popped:

Stuff People Don't Get About Me
by Kat
 
 
1.  I don't let other people use my pens.  If I think you touched my pen, I will either soak it in hand sanitizer, or throw it away.  Gawd help you if you touch my pen.
 
2.  I am terrified of heights.  Like, I can't be above the third rung on a ladder.  Like, I will cry if you make me.  Like, unnaturally terrified.
 
3.  I never pay full price for anything except lattes.  The only reason I pay full price for those is because they never go on sale.  But anyway, I seriously can't buy something unless it's marked down somehow.  Even if it's the way Penney's marks stuff down, you know, by marking it up first then back down. 
 
4.  I will pay $200 for a handbag, but all my clothes are either off the clearance rack or from the thrift store.   Seriously, I will have that bag for 10 years, it averages out to be a great deal.
 
5.  I have an overwhelming urge to eat ice.  As a result, people have diagnosed me with everything from anemia to prostate cancer.  (I'm not sure about that last one.)  I figure, maybe I just like to crunch on ice cubes.
 
6.  I despise baking cookies.  This is how I bake: Mix it up, put it in the pan, get it in the oven, boom.  Done.  But with cookies, there's mixing and rolling and cutting and multiple sheets and in the oven and out of the oven and in the oven and out of the oven....I'm irritated just typing it.
 
7.  I don't beat myself up over bad decisions I have made over the course of my life.  I know it's totally zen and trendy to say, and usually complete BS, but I really mean this - I have forgiven myself of everything wrong that I've ever done.  I don't hold a grudge against myself for anything anymore.  It's counterproductive. 
 
8.  I think I'm a big deal.  Do I need to explain that?
 
9.  I don't have a "career goal."  I know what KIND of job I would like to have - but as far as the specific field for it is concerned, I'm open.  This is new for Kat.  We shall see how this goes.
 
10.  I always drive 4 miles over the speed limit.  Not 3, not 5.  Four.
 
Well, that's enough mind-numbing garbage for one post.  Please tell me - what is it about YOU that people don't "get"?  Do share. 


No comments:

Post a Comment